Affenpinscher Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt an Affenpinscher Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Affenpinscher or what are the popular colours of an Affenpinscher?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Affenpinscher Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Affenpinscher, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Affenpinscher would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 9-12 inches (23-30 cm)
- 7-9 pounds (3-4 kg)
Size of Affenpinscher: The Affenpinscher Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Affenpinscher:
Weight of Affenpinscher:
- Black & Tan
The Common Colours of Affenpinscher Dogs
The affenpinscher lives up to its name — "monkey terrier" — in both looks and actions. A terrier at heart, it is busy, inquisitive, bold and stubborn, but it also loves to monkey around, being playful and mischievous. It tends to bark and even climb. Unlike most terriers, it is fairly good with other dogs and pets. This little dog is best with a family that likes entertainment and has a very good sense of humor.
What to do if you lose your Affenpinscher
If your Affenpinscher Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Affenpinscher
If you find a Affenpinscher Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.