Afghan Hound Physical Appearance
Looking to get an Afghan Hound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Afghan Hound or what are the common colours of an Afghan Hound?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Afghan Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Afghan Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Afghan Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 27-29 inches (69-74 cm)
- 50-64 pounds (22-34 kg)
Size of Afghan Hound: The Afghan Hound Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Afghan Hound:
Weight of Afghan Hound:
- Black & Silver
- Black & Tan
- Blue & Cream
The Popular Colours of Afghan Hound Dogs
Afghan Hound Information
Despite its glamorous reputation, the Afghan hound is a hunter at heart, bred to chase down game over rugged terrain. While it maintains its regal bearings inside, it needs a daily chance to stretch its legs in a safe area. Its worst trait is a reluctance to come when called. It will chase small animals outside; inside, it will coexist peacefully. Though gentle with children, it may not be playful and interactive enough with them. Described by some as "catlike," it is independent yet sensitive and not overly demonstrative. It is reserved with strangers; some can be timid. It has a gay, clownish side.
What to do if you lose your Afghan Hound
If your Afghan Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Afghan Hound
If you find a Afghan Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.