Can Alano Espanols Be Guard Dogs?
Thinking to own an Alano Espanol puppy and wondering whether an Alano Espanol can be a good guard dog or if Alano Espanol Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to our chart, Alano Espanol Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training an Alano Espanol To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically informs their owner to someone approaching their house. Even if your pet dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make wonderful watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are really watchful of their environments and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a good choice for rookie canine owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are impressive guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly notify their owners to any unusual activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the beginner owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Alano Espanol Information
Since the breed was used for hunting in packs, it is very sociable with other dogs. All large dogs must be well socialized with humans and other animals when young, if they are to be safely kept as pets. Large working dogs, such as the Alano Español, need regular training and activity all of their lives.
What to do if you lose your Alano Espanol
If your Alano Espanol Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Alano Espanol
If you find a Alano Espanol Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.