American Foxhound Physical Appearance
Looking to own an American Foxhound Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of American Foxhound or what are the common colours of an American Foxhound?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of American Foxhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the American Foxhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an American Foxhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 21-25 inches (53-64 cm)
- 65-75 pounds (29-34 kg)
Size of American Foxhound: The American Foxhound Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of American Foxhound:
Weight of American Foxhound:
- Black White & Tan
- White Black & Tan
- Black Brown & White
The Common Colours of American Foxhound Dogs
American Foxhound Information
Although by tradition the foxhound is not a house pet, it is actually well-mannered in the home. It gets along best with human or canine companionship. It is a tolerant, amiable and gentle dog, even though it is not very demonstrative. Most are reserved with strangers. It is first and foremost a hunter, ever ready to hit the trail. It needs daily exercise in a safe area. Once on a scent, it will follow gleefully, heedless of commands. This is a dog that likes the outdoors; it is not a city dog. It bays.
What to do if you lose your American Foxhound
If your American Foxhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost American Foxhound
If you find a American Foxhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.