American Pit Bull Terrier Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt an American Pit Bull Terrier Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of American Pit Bull Terrier or what are the common colours of an American Pit Bull Terrier?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of American Pit Bull Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the American Pit Bull Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an American Pit Bull Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 14-24 inches (35-60 cm)
- 22-78 pounds (10-35 kg)
Size of American Pit Bull Terrier: The American Pit Bull Terrier Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of American Pit Bull Terrier:
Weight of American Pit Bull Terrier:
- Black and Tan
The Common Colours of American Pit Bull Terrier Dogs
American Pit Bull Terrier Information
The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life. This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm. APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children. Because most APBTs exhibit some level of dog aggression and because of its powerful physique, the APBT requires an owner who will carefully socialize and obedience train the dog. The breed’s natural agility makes it one of the most capable canine climbers so good fencing is a must for this breed. The APBT is not the best choice for a guard dog since they are extremely friendly, even with strangers. Aggressive behavior toward humans is uncharacteristic of the breed and highly undesirable. This breed does very well in performance events because of its high level of intelligence and its willingness to work.
What to do if you lose your American Pit Bull Terrier
If your American Pit Bull Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost American Pit Bull Terrier
If you find a American Pit Bull Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.