American Staffordshire Terrier Physical Appearance
Considering to own an American Staffordshire Terrier Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of American Staffordshire Terrier or what are the common colours of an American Staffordshire Terrier?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of American Staffordshire Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the American Staffordshire Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an American Staffordshire Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 17-19 inches (43-48 cm)
- Female: 16-18 inches (41-46 cm)
- 57-67 pounds (25-30 kg)
Size of American Staffordshire Terrier: The American Staffordshire Terrier Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of American Staffordshire Terrier:
Weight of American Staffordshire Terrier:
The Popular Colours of American Staffordshire Terrier Dogs
American Staffordshire Terrier Information
Typically docile and playful with its family, the American Staffordshire terrier is also generally friendly toward strangers as long as its owners are present. It is generally very good with children. It is a protective breed and can be aggressive toward other dogs — especially those that challenge it. It is stubborn, tenacious and fearless. For all of its tough persona, the most important thing in life to this breed is its owner's fond attention.
What to do if you lose your American Staffordshire Terrier
If your American Staffordshire Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost American Staffordshire Terrier
If you find a American Staffordshire Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.