American Staghound Physical Appearance
Considering to own an American Staghound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of American Staghound or what are the popular colours of an American Staghound?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of American Staghound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the American Staghound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an American Staghound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 26-32 inches (66-81 cm)
- Female: 24-29 inches (61-74 cm)
- Male: 55-90 pounds (25-41 kg)
- Female: 45-85 pounds (20-39 kg)
Size of American Staghound: The American Staghound Dog is a large to giant sized dog.
Height of American Staghound:
Weight of American Staghound:
The Popular Colours of American Staghound Dogs
American Staghound Information
American Staghounds are generally gentle, calm and affectionate with their family. Due to the American Staghound's hunting heritage, the breed usually does poorly as guard dogs as the American Staghound is seldom territorial.
What to do if you lose your American Staghound
If your American Staghound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost American Staghound
If you find a American Staghound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.