Is American Water Spaniel Playful?
Wanting to get an American Water Spaniel and need to know whether American Water Spaniel is a playful breed and fun to be around?
According to dog experts, American Water Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of the most playful dog breeds.
One of the things we appreciate about pet dogs is their playfulness. But some breeds are typically more playful than others.
So, in the spirit of a good time, we combed through our breed profiles to find the pet dog breeds that tend to be the most fun loving. It's important to bear in mind that most of these breeds are not couch potatoes or shrinking violets and, in fact, usually need lots of mental and physical stimulation so they don't become bored.
You should bear in mind that all dogs are individuals - not all Labs are obsessed with playing fetch, and there are most likely even some Portuguese Water Dogs who don't like water.
Of course, with any of these breeds, a dog's health and age will affect his level of liveliness. Even with these breeds, you should have a veterinarian examine your pet dog to make sure there are no underlying conditions before initiating any exuberant activities.
Top 5 Most Playful Dog Breeds
2. Labrador Retriever - Labs are playful and typically fun-loving demeanors are definitely part of it.
3. Papillon - Pappillion's are small, smart and spunky, this breed needs to be entertained - or she'll find a way to amuse herself.
4. Bearded Collie - These dogs are known for his trademark welcoming, and is normally a boisterous and exuberant breed who will entertain you with his clownish antics.
5. Beagle - This breed is led by his nose, and likes to have a lot of possibility to use his strong sniffer. That can be as simple as your hiding treats around your house or taking him on long, meandering walks outdoors.
American Water Spaniel Information
As its name implies, the American water spaniel is a natural lover of water. Not only is it a skilled retriever and versatile hunter, but it is also a tractable fun-loving family dog — as long as it gets regular physical and mental exercise. It is sensitive and willing to please. Some can be timid. Generally good with other dogs in the household, some are aggressive toward strange dogs. Barking can be a definite problem; some also whine or drool.
What to do if you lose your American Water Spaniel
If your American Water Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost American Water Spaniel
If you find a American Water Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.