American Water Spaniel Physical Appearance
Thinking to get an American Water Spaniel Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of American Water Spaniel or what are the common colours of an American Water Spaniel?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of American Water Spaniel Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the American Water Spaniel, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an American Water Spaniel would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 15-18 inches (36-46 cm)
- 25-45 pounds (11-20 kg)
Size of American Water Spaniel: The American Water Spaniel Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of American Water Spaniel:
Weight of American Water Spaniel:
The Common Colours of American Water Spaniel Dogs
American Water Spaniel Information
As its name implies, the American water spaniel is a natural lover of water. Not only is it a skilled retriever and versatile hunter, but it is also a tractable fun-loving family dog — as long as it gets regular physical and mental exercise. It is sensitive and willing to please. Some can be timid. Generally good with other dogs in the household, some are aggressive toward strange dogs. Barking can be a definite problem; some also whine or drool.
What to do if you lose your American Water Spaniel
If your American Water Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost American Water Spaniel
If you find a American Water Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.