Appenzeller Sennenhund Physical Appearance
Thinking to own an Appenzeller Sennenhund Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Appenzeller Sennenhund or what are the popular colours of an Appenzeller Sennenhund?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Appenzeller Sennenhund Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Appenzeller Sennenhund, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Appenzeller Sennenhund would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 22-23 inches (56-58.5 cm)
- Female: 18.5-20 inches (47-50 cm)
- 49-71 pounds (22-32 kg)
Size of Appenzeller Sennenhund: The Appenzeller Sennenhund Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Appenzeller Sennenhund:
Weight of Appenzeller Sennenhund:
- Black tricolor
- Red tricolor
The Popular Colours of Appenzeller Sennenhund Dogs
Appenzeller Sennenhund Information
As with all medium to large, very active working dogs, the Appenzeller Sennenhund should be well socialized early in life with other dogs and people and provided with regular activity and training if they are to be safely kept as a pet. If trained properly, they bond closely with their owners and like to seek for attention. As a result of careful regulated breeding, the Appenzeller breed, as a whole, though individual genetic lines vary, is an extremely healthy breed. Especially for a dog of its size and weight. According to the breed standard, the Appenzeller Sennenhund are lively, high spirited, athletic and suspicious of strangers. Due to his large size and high energy levels, the Appenzeller Sennenhund is not recommended as an apartment dog.
What to do if you lose your Appenzeller Sennenhund
If your Appenzeller Sennenhund Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Appenzeller Sennenhund
If you find a Appenzeller Sennenhund Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.