Can Ariegeoiss Be Guard Dogs?
Considering to get an Ariegeois puppy and wondering whether an Ariegeois can be a good guard dog or if Ariegeois Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Ariegeois Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training an Ariegeois To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog simply alerts their owner to somebody approaching their home. Even though your dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make excellent watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are very observant of their environments and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a big German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a good choice for beginner canine owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are excellent guard dogs that will inform their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly signal their owners to any uncommon activity. They are powerful dogs that are not well-suited for the rookie owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Good speed; a degree of endurance not generally found in hounds of this size. A surprisingly deep, powerful voice and remarkable scenting ability. Of even temperament, essentially friendly and social. As a hunting/working scenthound breed, and being called upon to work in close proximity with other hounds and their handlers, aggression towards other hounds and people is to be considered a fault.
What to do if you lose your Ariegeois
If your Ariegeois Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Ariegeois
If you find a Ariegeois Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.