Australian Cattle Dog Temperament
Wanting to own an Australian Cattle Dog and want to know about Australian Cattle Dog's temperament or characteristics?
There are several reasons why you will love the Australian Cattle Dogs as they are known for their Aggressive, Alert, Energetic characteristics.
- Gun dog
- Toy dog
- Utility Dog
- Hound dog
- Working dog
How To Find a Dog With a Good Temperament
Recognizing why a breed was developed, and the country and climate it initially came from, can help you understand what to expect in terms of behaviour and temperament.
Some breeds require much more attention than others. A breed's true temperament can also take time to cultivate: the boxer's extrovert and playful nature means it takes longer to mature than other breeds.
The puppies of specific breeds can be very hard work in the early weeks but can make fabulous adult dogs.
There are seven types of dogs:
Australian Cattle Dog Information
Smart, hardy, independent, stubborn, tenacious, energetic and untiring — these are all traits essential to a driver of headstrong cattle, and all traits of the Australian cattle dog. This dog must have a job to do or it will expend its efforts on unacceptable jobs of its own. Given challenging mental and hard physical exercise daily, it is among the most responsive and obedient of dogs, an exemplary partner in adventure. It tends to nip at the heels of running children.
What to do if you lose your Australian Cattle Dog
If your Australian Cattle Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Australian Cattle Dog
If you find a Australian Cattle Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.