Australian Cattle Dog Physical Appearance
Considering to get an Australian Cattle Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Australian Cattle Dog or what are the popular colours of an Australian Cattle Dog?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Australian Cattle Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Australian Cattle Dog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Australian Cattle Dog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 17-20 inches (43-51 cm)
- Female: 17-19 inches (43-48 cm)
- 30-62 pounds (13-28 kg)
Size of Australian Cattle Dog: The Australian Cattle Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Australian Cattle Dog:
Weight of Australian Cattle Dog:
- Blue Mottled
- Blue Speckled
- Red Mottled
- Red Speckled
The Common Colours of Australian Cattle Dogs
Australian Cattle Dog Information
Smart, hardy, independent, stubborn, tenacious, energetic and untiring — these are all traits essential to a driver of headstrong cattle, and all traits of the Australian cattle dog. This dog must have a job to do or it will expend its efforts on unacceptable jobs of its own. Given challenging mental and hard physical exercise daily, it is among the most responsive and obedient of dogs, an exemplary partner in adventure. It tends to nip at the heels of running children.
What to do if you lose your Australian Cattle Dog
If your Australian Cattle Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Australian Cattle Dog
If you find a Australian Cattle Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.