Australian Kelpie Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt an Australian Kelpie Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Australian Kelpie or what are the popular colours of an Australian Kelpie?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Australian Kelpie Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Australian Kelpie, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Australian Kelpie would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 17-20 inches (43-51 cm)
- 25-45 pounds (11-20 kg)
Size of Australian Kelpie: The Australian Kelpie Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Australian Kelpie:
Weight of Australian Kelpie:
- Black & Tan
The Common Colours of Australian Kelpie Dogs
Australian Kelpie Information
The Kelpie is extremely alert, eager and highly intelligent, with a mild, tractable disposition, marked loyalty and devotion to duty. It has a natural instinct and aptitude in the working of livestock, both in a confined area and in open country. An open, friendly, alert but placid disposition is essential, with a good balance between keenness to work and ability to rest.
What to do if you lose your Australian Kelpie
If your Australian Kelpie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Australian Kelpie
If you find a Australian Kelpie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.