Australian Shepherd Physical Appearance
Considering to own an Australian Shepherd Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Australian Shepherd or what are the popular colours of an Australian Shepherd?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Australian Shepherd Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Australian Shepherd, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Australian Shepherd would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 20-23 inches (52-58cm)
- Female: 18-21 inches (46-53 cm)
- Male: 50-65 pounds (25-29 kg)
- Female: 40-55 pounds (18-25 kg)
Size of Australian Shepherd: The Australian Shepherd Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Australian Shepherd:
Weight of Australian Shepherd:
- Blue Merle
- Red Merle
The Common Colours of Australian Shepherd Dogs
Australian Shepherd Information
The Australian shepherd has a great deal of stamina and is loving, bold, alert, confident, independent, smart and responsive. If it doesn't get a chance to exercise and challenge its strongly developed mental and physical activities, it is apt to become frustrated and difficult to live with. With proper exercise and training, it is a loyal, utterly devoted and obedient companion. It is reserved with strangers and has a protective nature. It may try to herd children and small animals by nipping.
What to do if you lose your Australian Shepherd
If your Australian Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Australian Shepherd
If you find a Australian Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.