Australian Terrier Physical Appearance
Thinking to own an Australian Terrier Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Australian Terrier or what are the common colours of an Australian Terrier?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Australian Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Australian Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Australian Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
9-11 inches (23-28 cm)
9-14 pounds (4-6 kg)
Size of Australian Terrier: The Australian Terrier Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Australian Terrier:
Weight of Australian Terrier:
Blue & Tan
The Common Colours of Australian Terrier Dogs
Australian Terrier Information
One of the quieter terriers, the Aussie is nonetheless a plucky, tough character, ready to go after a rodent when the chance arises. It is fun-loving and adventurous, and needs daily exercise to keep it from becoming frustrated. It is clever and generally eager to please, making it one of the more obedient terriers. It gets along fairly well with other dogs and household pets. It is reserved with strangers. Reflecting its earth dog heritage, it does like to dig.
What to do if you lose your Australian Terrier
If your Australian Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Australian Terrier
If you find a Australian Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.