Austrian Pinscher Physical Appearance
Looking to adopt an Austrian Pinscher Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Austrian Pinscher or what are the common colours of an Austrian Pinscher?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Austrian Pinscher Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Austrian Pinscher, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if an Austrian Pinscher would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 17–20 inches (44–50 cm)
- 17–19 inches (42–48 cm)
- 12–18 kg
Size of Austrian Pinscher: The Austrian Pinscher Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Austrian Pinscher:
Weight of Austrian Pinscher:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Austrian Pinscher Dogs
Austrian Pinscher Information
The breed is described as "a pleasant companion" for rural and suburban areas. The breed standard describes the ideal Austrian Pinscher's temperament and character as playful, not inclined to be a hunter, and being an "incorruptible guard". Assertive, lively and alert, the breed is devoted to people it is familiar with and suspicious of strangers, making it a useful guard dog.
What to do if you lose your Austrian Pinscher
If your Austrian Pinscher Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Austrian Pinscher
If you find a Austrian Pinscher Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.