Barbet Physical Appearance
Considering to adopt a Barbet Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Barbet or what are the popular colours of a Barbet?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Barbet Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Barbet, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Barbet would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 23–26 inches (58–65 cm)
- Female: 21–24 inches (53–61 cm)
- 37–62 pounds (17–28 kg )
Size of Barbet: The Barbet Dog is a medium to large sized dog.
Height of Barbet:
Weight of Barbet:
The Common Colours of Barbet Dogs
The Barbet is not aggressive or timid, being docile and very devoted to its master. They are very sociable and fond of the water. The Barbet is essentially a water dog, used for wild fowling. Nevertheless, it has several abilities of a pointer/setter without being a true setter. The breed has no fear of the cold, going into water in all types of weather.
What to do if you lose your Barbet
If your Barbet Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Barbet
If you find a Barbet Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.