Basset Hound Physical Appearance
Considering to own a Basset Hound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Basset Hound or what are the common colours of a Basset Hound?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Basset Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Basset Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Basset Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 12-15 inches (30-38 cm)
- Female: 11-14 inches (28-36 cm)
- Male: 50-65 pounds (23-29 kg)
- Female: 45-60 pounds (20-27 kg)
Size of Basset Hound: The Basset Hound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Basset Hound:
Weight of Basset Hound:
- Black and Tan
The Common Colours of Basset Hound Dogs
Basset Hound Information
The basset hound is among the most good-natured and easygoing of breeds. It is amiable with dogs, other pets and children, although children must be cautioned not to put strain on its back with their games. It is calm inside, but it needs regular exercise to keep fit. It prefers to investigate slowly, and loves to sniff and trail. It is a talented and determined tracker, not easily dissuaded from its course. Because of this, it may get on a trail and follow it until it becomes lost. It tends to be stubborn and slow-moving. It has a loud bay that it uses when excited on the trail.
What to do if you lose your Basset Hound
If your Basset Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Basset Hound
If you find a Basset Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.