Bavarian Mountain Hound Physical Appearance
Thinking to get a Bavarian Mountain Hound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Bavarian Mountain Hound or what are the common colours of a Bavarian Mountain Hound?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Bavarian Mountain Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Bavarian Mountain Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Bavarian Mountain Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 19–20 inches (47–52 cm)
- Female: 17–19 inches (44–48 cm)
- 44-55 pounds (20–25 kg)
Size of Bavarian Mountain Hound: The Bavarian Mountain Hound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Bavarian Mountain Hound:
Weight of Bavarian Mountain Hound:
- Black-masked fawn
The Common Colours of Bavarian Mountain Hound Dogs
Bavarian Mountain Hound Information
Bavarian Mountain Hounds are calm, quiet, poised, and very attached to their masters and family. When hunting, they are hard, single-minded, and persistent, courageous, spirited, fast, and agile, they are at ease on a rugged terrain, with a superb nose and powerful hunting instinct. However, they need a patient, experienced trainer.
What to do if you lose your Bavarian Mountain Hound
If your Bavarian Mountain Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Bavarian Mountain Hound
If you find a Bavarian Mountain Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.