Beagle Physical Appearance
Wanting to adopt a Beagle Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Beagle or what are the common colours of a Beagle?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Beagle Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Beagle, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Beagle would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 14-16 inches (36-41 cm)
- Female: 13-15 inches (33-38 cm)
- Male: 22-25 pounds (10-11 kg)
- Female: 20-23 pounds (9-10 kg)
Size of Beagle: The Beagle Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Beagle:
Weight of Beagle:
- Black and Tan
The Popular Colours of Beagle Dogs
One of the most amiable hounds, the beagle was bred as a pack hunter and needs companionship, whether human or canine. It loves to explore the outdoors and is an enthusiastic trailer. Given adequate exercise, it is a calm, tractable house pet. It is an excellent child's dog, gentle, incredibly tolerant and always ready to join in a game or an adventure. It is an independent breed, however, and may run off if a trail beckons. It barks and howls.
What to do if you lose your Beagle
If your Beagle Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Beagle
If you find a Beagle Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.