Can Beagliers Be Guard Dogs?
Considering to own a Beaglier puppy and wondering whether a Beaglier can be a good guard dog or if Beaglier Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Beaglier Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Beaglier To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog just simply notifies their owner to someone coming close to their home. Even though your dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make great watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are very observant of their settings and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make exceptional watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a good choice for inexperienced canine owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are terrific guard dogs that will inform their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any uncommon activity. They are powerful dogs that are not well-suited for the newbie owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Beagliers can be described as affectionate, playful, good natured and loyal dogs. They love being around people (including children) and going on walks with people. They also love being around other dogs. They are also intelligent and confident by nature. Beagliers will alert their family to visitors or abnormal sounds by barking, so they serve as good watchdogs.
What to do if you lose your Beaglier
If your Beaglier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Beaglier
If you find a Beaglier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.