Are Bearded Collies Friendly Or Dangerous To Strangers?
Considering to get a Bearded Collie and want to know whether Bearded Collie are friendly or aggressive to strangers?
According to pet experts, Bearded Collie Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the friendliest dogs to strangers.
When it comes to selecting a pet dog, you most likely want one that is friendly, whether that's toward people, other pets, or both. Put simply, a happy-go-lucky pooch that gets along with everyone.
While most canines are absolutely fond of people, some are extremely sociable and love to meet new people all the time. Kindness doesn't necessarily depend on breed. Most dogs are friendly if they have been exposed to new people, places, and adventures as they were growing up.
So, essentially, you can make any canine into a friendly dog if you ensure they have an energetic social life and a happy home. Just about all dogs will be social with their owners, but some breeds were bred as guardians and can be wary and even aggressive toward strangers.
Top 5 Friendly Dog Breeds
2. Poodles very active, social, and smart dogs that make extraordinary friends. They do extremely well in a range of different dog sports and enjoy the company of people, friend or stranger.
3. Pug is so loved partly due to its looks, but also because of its wonderful personality. Pugs are extremely social, they love everyone and get along very well with other animals.
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is among the smallest spaniels, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred mainly as a friend and lapdog. Due to this, they are very friendly with their families and strangers, happily meeting as many new people as they can.
5. Boxer was initially bred as a guard dog in Germany, but there are very few working Boxers left. Today, most are active, intelligent family companions that are great for individuals and families alike. They are really social dogs and enjoy meeting and playing with new people and other dogs.
Bearded Collie Information
The boisterous beardie is lively and playful, full of enthusiasm and energy. It is smart and obedient, but it is an independent thinker with a clownish sense of humor. It likes children, but it may be too rambunctious for small children and may try to herd them when playing.
What to do if you lose your Bearded Collie
If your Bearded Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bearded Collie
If you find a Bearded Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.