Can Bearded Collies Be Guard Dogs?
Thinking to get a Bearded Collie puppy and need to know whether a Bearded Collie can be a good guard dog or if Bearded Collie Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to dog trainers, Bearded Collie Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Bearded Collie To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog simply informs their owner to somebody coming close to their house. Even if your pet dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't big. Most guard dogs also make great watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although small, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are really observant of their settings and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Due to this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a big German guard dog breed that is greatly loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a good choice for inexperienced canine owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are terrific guard dogs that will inform their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly alert their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the amateur owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Bearded Collie Information
The boisterous beardie is lively and playful, full of enthusiasm and energy. It is smart and obedient, but it is an independent thinker with a clownish sense of humor. It likes children, but it may be too rambunctious for small children and may try to herd them when playing.
What to do if you lose your Bearded Collie
If your Bearded Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bearded Collie
If you find a Bearded Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.