Bearded Collie Lifespan
Looking to get a Bearded Collie Dog and need to know what is the average age for Bearded Collie to die?
According to US breed survey, an average lifespan of Bearded Collie Dog is 12-14 years with some living 4 years more that what is expected.
If you own or thinking to have a Bearded Collie, understanding the Bearded Collie Dog life span is important when looking after for these dogs.
"How long do Bearded Collie Dogs live" is one of the hardest question, many pet owners ask themselves.
We all know that these Bearded Collie Dogs cannot live with us forever, so it is vital that we understand the perils of old age and the average life expectancy of Bearded Collie.
There are several factors that determine the lifespan of Bearded Collie Dog, including size, breed, and the general health of the animal.
These factors can help answer the questions on most Bearded Collie pet owner’s minds.
How Long Do Dog's Live For?
Lifespans for certain medium dog breeds: Australian Shepherd (12-15 years), Chinese Shar-Pei (12-14 years), Cocker Spaniel (13-15 years), Poodle (12-15 years), Whippet (12-15 years), Puli (10-15 years), Welsh Springer Spaniel (13-15 years), Bulldog (10-12 years), Boxer (10-12 years), Chow Chow (11-13 years), Curly-Coated Retriever (11-13 years) and French Bulldog (11-13 years).
Lifespans for certain large dog breeds: Great Dane (8-10 years), Bernese Mountain Dog (7-10 years), Irish Wolfhound (8-10 years), Newfoundland (10-12 years), Giant Schnauzer (10-12 years), Dogue de Bordeaux (9-11 years), Rottweiler (10-12 years), St. Bernard (10-12 years), Scottish Deerhound (10-12 years), Flat-Coated Retriever (10-12 years), Akita (11-15 years), Anatolian Shepherd (11-13 years), Irish Setter (12-14 years) and Belgian Malinois (14-16 years).
Bearded Collie Information
The boisterous beardie is lively and playful, full of enthusiasm and energy. It is smart and obedient, but it is an independent thinker with a clownish sense of humor. It likes children, but it may be too rambunctious for small children and may try to herd them when playing.
What to do if you lose your Bearded Collie
If your Bearded Collie Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bearded Collie
If you find a Bearded Collie Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.