Are Bergamascos Friendly Or Dangerous To Strangers?
Considering to adopt a Bergamasco and want to know whether Bergamasco are friendly or aggressive to strangers?
According to pet experts, Bergamasco Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the friendliest dogs to strangers.
When it comes to selecting a pet dog, you probably want one that is friendly, whether that's toward people, other pets, or both. In other words, a happy-go-lucky pooch that gets along with everyone.
While most pet dogs are definitely fond of people, some are extremely sociable and love to meet new people all the time. Kindness doesn't necessarily depend on breed. Most dogs are friendly if they have been exposed to new people, places, and experiences as they were growing up.
Essentially, you can make any dog into a friendly dog if you ensure they have an energetic social life and a happy home. Almost all canines will be social with their owners, but some breeds were bred as guardians and can be wary and even hostile toward strangers.
Top 5 Friendly Dog Breeds
2. Poodles very energetic, social, and smart dogs that make extraordinary companions. They do very well in a variety of different dog sports and enjoy the company of people, friend or stranger.
3. Pug is so liked partially due to its looks, but also because of its terrific character. Pugs are incredibly social, they love everyone and get along very well with other animals.
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is among the smallest spaniels, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred mainly as a buddy and lapdog. Because of this, they are very friendly with their families and strangers, happily meeting as many new people as they can.
5. Boxer was originally bred as a guard dog in Germany, but there are very few working Boxers left. Today, most are active, intelligent family companions that are terrific for individuals and families alike. They are quite social dogs and enjoy meeting and playing with new people and other dogs.
The Bergamasco is an alert, observant and patient dog breed with good self-control and balance. This breed is suited even as a guard and companion dog. The Bergamasco establishes close bond with his owner. Aggressive or overly shy behavior is a fault.
What to do if you lose your Bergamasco
If your Bergamasco Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Bergamasco
If you find a Bergamasco Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.