Are Bernese Mountain Dogs Friendly Or Dangerous To Strangers?
Thinking to adopt a Bernese Mountain Dog and want to know whether Bernese Mountain Dog are friendly or aggressive to strangers?
According to dog, Bernese Mountain Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the friendliest dogs to strangers.
When it comes to picking a dog, you possibly want one that is friendly, whether that's toward people, other pets, or both. Essentially, a happy-go-lucky pooch that gets along with everyone.
While most pet dogs are certainly fond of people, some are really sociable and love to meet new people all the time. Friendliness doesn't necessarily depend on breed. Most dogs are friendly if they have been introduced to new people, places, and experiences as they were growing up.
Ultimately, you can make any dog into a friendly dog if you ensure they have an active social life and a happy home. Nearly all canines will be social with their owners, but some breeds were bred as guardians and can be wary and even hostile toward strangers.
Top 5 Friendly Dog Breeds
2. Poodles very energetic, social, and smart dogs that make amazing buddies. They do extremely well in a variety of different dog sports and enjoy the company of people, friend or stranger.
3. Pug is so loved partially due to its looks, but also because of its terrific character. Pugs are very social, they love everyone and get along very well with other animals.
4. Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is one of the smallest spaniels, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel was bred mainly as a buddy and lapdog. Because of this, they are very friendly with their families and strangers, gladly meeting as many new people as they can.
5. Boxer was originally bred as a guard dog in Germany, but there are very few working Boxers left. Today, most are active, smart family companions that are great for individuals and families alike. They are really social dogs and enjoy meeting and playing with new people and other dogs.
Bernese Mountain Dog Information
The Bernese mountain dog is an easygoing, calm family companion (that is, after it leaves its adolescent stage). It is sensitive, loyal and extremely devoted. It is gentle with children and often reserved with strangers. It generally gets along well with other dogs and pets.
What to do if you lose your Bernese Mountain Dog
If your Bernese Mountain Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bernese Mountain Dog
If you find a Bernese Mountain Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.