Black and Tan Coonhound Physical Appearance
Wanting to own a Black and Tan Coonhound Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Black and Tan Coonhound or what are the common colours of a Black and Tan Coonhound?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Black and Tan Coonhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Black and Tan Coonhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Black and Tan Coonhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 23-27 inches (58-68 cm)
- 50-75 pounds (45-64 kg)
Size of Black and Tan Coonhound: The Black and Tan Coonhound Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Black and Tan Coonhound:
Weight of Black and Tan Coonhound:
- Black & Tan
The Popular Colours of Black and Tan Coonhound Dogs
Black and Tan Coonhound Information
Not the prototypical house dog, the black and tan coonhound, nonetheless, makes an exemplary pet. It is mellow, amiable, calm and unobtrusive indoors. Outdoors, its strong hunting instincts take over, and it can be difficult, if not impossible, to turn from a track after it starts trailing. As befitting a dog with its heritage, the black and tan is strong, independent and stubborn. It is gentle and tolerant with children, but it may be too independent to satisfy a playful child. It is reserved with strangers.
What to do if you lose your Black and Tan Coonhound
If your Black and Tan Coonhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Black and Tan Coonhound
If you find a Black and Tan Coonhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.