Black Norwegian Elkhound Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt a Black Norwegian Elkhound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Black Norwegian Elkhound or what are the common colours of a Black Norwegian Elkhound?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Black Norwegian Elkhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Black Norwegian Elkhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Black Norwegian Elkhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 19-21 inches (48-53 cm)
- Female: 18-20 inches (46-51 cm)
- Male: 50-60 pounds (23-27 kg)
- Female: 40-55 pounds (18-25 kg)
Size of Black Norwegian Elkhound: The Black Norwegian Elkhound Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Black Norwegian Elkhound:
Weight of Black Norwegian Elkhound:
The Popular Colours of Black Norwegian Elkhound Dogs
Black Norwegian Elkhound Information
The Black Norwegian Elkhound is a very robust and hardy dog: very alert and full of power and pride. It is more strong-minded than the Grey Elkhound. The most recommended training method is one that focuses on motivating the dog; such as clicker training or reward-based training methods. Using punishment or dominance-based methods could negatively impact training with the Black Norwegian Elkhound. It is easy to train, but always needs something to do to be happy. It needs continuous exercise and activity in concert with its superb intelligence to do well. It is an excellent hunting dog and loves to be in the forest.
What to do if you lose your Black Norwegian Elkhound
If your Black Norwegian Elkhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Black Norwegian Elkhound
If you find a Black Norwegian Elkhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.