Are Bluetick Coonhounds Intelligent Dogs?
Thinking to get a Bluetick Coonhound and need and wondering whether Bluetick Coonhound is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Bluetick Coonhound Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Bluetick Coonhound intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart canine is just potential without a person ready to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's cleverness. Dogs are about as clever as the normal two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent buddy, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is among the world's smartest and most popular dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most-liked dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, trainable and friendly buddy.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most sought-after dog breed because they're brave, confident, and clever. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Bluetick Coonhound Information
The ideal owner will be happy about spending time with his hound, making sure he gets plenty of activities to keep body and mind healthy and occupied. Athletic and hardy, Blueticks are working dogs that need a job - such as hunting, obedience or agility - to stay happy. Living with a Bluetick can be very rewarding or very frustrating. These hounds are scenthounds, governed by their exceptional noses and prey drive. Plenty of exercise and a job to focus on are essential. Dog sports that Blueticks excel at include tracking, coursing ability test, obedience and agility not to mention night hunts, water races and treeing contests
What to do if you lose your Bluetick Coonhound
If your Bluetick Coonhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bluetick Coonhound
If you find a Bluetick Coonhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.