Bluetick Coonhound Physical Appearance
Looking to get a Bluetick Coonhound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Bluetick Coonhound or what are the common colours of a Bluetick Coonhound?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Bluetick Coonhound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Bluetick Coonhound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Bluetick Coonhound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 20-27 inches (51-69 cm)
- 45-80 pounds (20-36 kg)
Size of Bluetick Coonhound: The Bluetick Coonhound Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Bluetick Coonhound:
Weight of Bluetick Coonhound:
- Blue Ticked
- Black Ticked & Tan
The Common Colours of Bluetick Coonhound Dogs
Bluetick Coonhound Information
The ideal owner will be happy about spending time with his hound, making sure he gets plenty of activities to keep body and mind healthy and occupied. Athletic and hardy, Blueticks are working dogs that need a job - such as hunting, obedience or agility - to stay happy. Living with a Bluetick can be very rewarding or very frustrating. These hounds are scenthounds, governed by their exceptional noses and prey drive. Plenty of exercise and a job to focus on are essential. Dog sports that Blueticks excel at include tracking, coursing ability test, obedience and agility not to mention night hunts, water races and treeing contests
What to do if you lose your Bluetick Coonhound
If your Bluetick Coonhound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Bluetick Coonhound
If you find a Bluetick Coonhound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.