Bohemian Shepherd Lifespan
Owning a Bohemian Shepherd Dog and want to know how long do Bohemian Shepherd Dogs live for?
According to UK breed survey, an average lifespan of Bohemian Shepherd Dog is 10-13 years with some living 3 years more that what is expected.
If you own or thinking to have a Bohemian Shepherd, understanding the Bohemian Shepherd Dog life span is important when looking after for these dog breeds.
"How long do Bohemian Shepherd Dogs live" is one of the tougher question, many pet owners ask themselves.
We all know that these Bohemian Shepherd Dogs cannot stay with us forever, so it is important that we understand the perils of old age and the average life expectancy of Bohemian Shepherd.
There are many factors that affect the lifespan of Bohemian Shepherd Dog, including breed, size and the general health of the animal.
These factors can help answer the questions on most Bohemian Shepherd pet owner’s minds.
How Long Do Dog's Live For?
Lifespans for certain medium dog breeds: Australian Shepherd (12-15 years), Chinese Shar-Pei (12-14 years), Cocker Spaniel (13-15 years), Poodle (12-15 years), Whippet (12-15 years), Puli (10-15 years), Welsh Springer Spaniel (13-15 years), Bulldog (10-12 years), Boxer (10-12 years), Chow Chow (11-13 years), Curly-Coated Retriever (11-13 years) and French Bulldog (11-13 years).
Lifespans for certain large dog breeds: Great Dane (8-10 years), Bernese Mountain Dog (7-10 years), Irish Wolfhound (8-10 years), Newfoundland (10-12 years), Giant Schnauzer (10-12 years), Dogue de Bordeaux (9-11 years), Rottweiler (10-12 years), St. Bernard (10-12 years), Scottish Deerhound (10-12 years), Flat-Coated Retriever (10-12 years), Akita (11-15 years), Anatolian Shepherd (11-13 years), Irish Setter (12-14 years) and Belgian Malinois (14-16 years).
Bohemian Shepherd Information
This is an ideal dog for someone who is very active, this breed has lots of energy, is not aggressive, can be easily trained, and is excellent with children and other pets. Its great agility and a keen sense of smell make it a very good rescue dog, a great companion for handicapped people and an outstanding watch dog. This breed has a stable, calm and friendly temperament that allows it to be good with the owner, his family and specially with children.
What to do if you lose your Bohemian Shepherd
If your Bohemian Shepherd Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bohemian Shepherd
If you find a Bohemian Shepherd Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.