Bolognese dog Physical Appearance
Wanting to adopt a Bolognese dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Bolognese dog or what are the popular colours of a Bolognese dog?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Bolognese dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Bolognese dog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Bolognese dog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Males: 10.5-12 inches (27-30 cm)
- Female: 10-11 inches (25-28 cm)
- 4.5-9 pounds (2.5-4 kg)
Size of Bolognese dog: The Bolognese dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Bolognese dog:
Weight of Bolognese dog:
- Pure white
The Common Colours of Bolognese dogs
Bolognese dog Information
Very serious, generally not very high energy. Enterprising, docile, enjoying his masters, the Bolognese is slightly more reserved and shy than its cousin, the Bichon Frise. Bolognese enjoy companionship of people and form a close relationship with their owners. Vivacious, playful and happy, Bolognese get along very well with other animals. This willing little dog is quite responsive to obedience training. Outdoors he's rough-and-tumble; indoors he is quiet and happy. They are friendly with strangers. Get them accustomed to people and noises at an early age. Because of this breed’s size, they are prone to Small Dog Syndrome, human induced behaviors where the dog believes he is pack leader to humans. This causes many behavior problems, including separation anxiety and being timid.
What to do if you lose your Bolognese dog
If your Bolognese dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Telephone the local vets to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Bolognese dog
If you find a Bolognese dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.