Are Boston Terriers Intelligent Dogs?
Wanting to get a Boston Terrier and need to know whether Boston Terrier is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Boston Terrier Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Boston Terrier intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #54
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever pet dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's cleverness. Dogs are about as intelligent as the typical two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across various breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many characteristics. Some dog breeds are much simpler to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most famous dog breeds. Originally developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog recognized for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's much-loved dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a smart, friendly and trainable companion.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering devotion to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also proud, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most popular dog breed because they're brave, confident, and smart. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Boston Terrier Information
The Boston is devoted and sensitive to its owner's wishes and moods. It is well-mannered indoors but saucy and playful (especially enjoying ball chasing) whenever the chance arises. Somewhat stubborn, it is nonetheless clever and learns readily. It is reserved with strangers, and some may be aggressive toward strange dogs. Some bark a lot.
What to do if you lose your Boston Terrier
If your Boston Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Boston Terrier
If you find a Boston Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.