Can Bouvier des Ardenness Be Guard Dogs?
Wanting to get a Bouvier des Ardennes puppy and want to know whether a Bouvier des Ardennes can be a good guard dog or if Bouvier des Ardennes Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Bouvier des Ardennes Dogs score 0 out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Bouvier des Ardennes To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog basically informs their owner to someone coming close to their property. Even though your dog isn't a police dog, most barking dogs will discourage an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make fantastic watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make great guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is mighty. They are strong-willed, feisty little terriers that are very observant of their settings and will alarm their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make excellent watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a huge German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. Although, they are not a good choice for amateur dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are superb guard dogs that will alert their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly notify their owners to any unusual activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the newbie owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Bouvier des Ardennes Information
Extremely adaptable, the Bouvier des Ardennes is at ease in any situation. It is playful and curious, yet very obstinate and determined when defending its family, possessions or territory.
What to do if you lose your Bouvier des Ardennes
If your Bouvier des Ardennes Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the local vets to see if someone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bouvier des Ardennes
If you find a Bouvier des Ardennes Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.