Bouvier des Flandres Physical Appearance
Thinking to adopt a Bouvier des Flandres Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Bouvier des Flandres or what are the common colours of a Bouvier des Flandres?
Learn more about the colors, weight and height of Bouvier des Flandres Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Bouvier des Flandres, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Bouvier des Flandres would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 23-28 inches (58-71 cm)
- Female: 22-27 inches (56-69 cm)
- Males 75-110 pounds (34-50 kg)
- Female: 60-80 pounds (27-36 kg)
Size of Bouvier des Flandres: The Bouvier des Flandres Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Bouvier des Flandres:
Weight of Bouvier des Flandres:
- Gray Brindle
- Pepper & Salt
The Common Colours of Bouvier des Flandres Dogs
Bouvier des Flandres Information
The bouvier is a steady, stalwart companion that is loyal, devoted, fearless and protective. Given daily exercise, it is calm and well-mannered indoors, but ready for an adventure in the great outdoors. It is independent and confident of its own judgment, yet biddable and willing to please. It can be domineering. It is reserved, even protective, toward strangers and can be aggressive with strange dogs. It is very good with children, although it may nip at heels in play.
What to do if you lose your Bouvier des Flandres
If your Bouvier des Flandres Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bouvier des Flandres
If you find a Bouvier des Flandres Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.