Do Boykin Spaniel Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Considering to get a Boykin Spaniel and need to know how often do a Boykin Spaniel Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe a Boykin Spaniel?
According to pet experts, Boykin Spaniel Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require grooming regularly.
Moderate Maintenance: The Boykin’s medium length double coat can be flat to slightly wavy with a light fringe of hair, called feathering, on the ears, chest, legs and belly. Weekly brushing and the occasional bath will keep your Boykin’s coat in good shape. If you want, you can have a professional groomer clip the coat as needed for neatness.
Why Brush or Groom Your Boykin Spaniel Dog?
Brushing also serves to help to distribute healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, promoting a gleaming coat and helping dust to slide off the hair. This can also help to decrease the need to bath and therefore decrease the frequency of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Boykin Spaniel dog are activities that help to enhance the positive relationship bond between your family pet and you. Brushing should be a pleasurable and comfy experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Boykin Spaniel
Dogs with short coats generally require less brushing and grooming compared to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired canines may not need conventional 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may instead like to try a soft grooming glove to carefully remove loose hair, occasionally.
Pet dogs should be brushed 'as needed'. Owners should keep an eye on the condition of their dog's coat, searching for any tangles/mats or dullness which indicates they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a few minutes to several hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Boykin Spaniel Information
The Boykin Spaniel is an obedient breed that is eager to please. They do require a consistent and firm pack leader, but will train relatively easily. This breed will always be waiting for their next command. The Boykin Spaniel does very well with and enjoys the company of children.
What to do if you lose your Boykin Spaniel
If your Boykin Spaniel Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Boykin Spaniel
If you find a Boykin Spaniel Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.