Bracco Italiano Physical Appearance
Wanting to get a Bracco Italiano Dog and need to know what is the general appearance of Bracco Italiano or what are the popular colours of a Bracco Italiano?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Bracco Italiano Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Bracco Italiano, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Bracco Italiano would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 23–26 inches (58–67 cm)
- Female: 22–24 inches (55–62 cm)
- 25–40 kg (55–88 lb)
Size of Bracco Italiano: The Bracco Italiano Dog is a medium to large sized dog.
Height of Bracco Italiano:
Weight of Bracco Italiano:
- Orange & White
- White & Chestnut
- White & Amber
The Common Colours of Bracco Italiano Dogs
Bracco Italiano Information
Braccos are very much a people-loving dog and thrive on human companionship, having a strong need to be close to their people. They are a particularly good family dog, and many have a strong love of children. They get along well with other dogs and pets, if trained to do so - it is, afterall, a hunting breed - and must be taught what to chase and what not to. They are very willing to please as long as they have decided that your idea is better than theirs. Obedience training is a must for a Bracco, and the more is asked of them, the better they do. Harsh reprimands do not work with this breed unless the reprimand is a fair one - and harshness must occasionally be used with some dogs to remind them who is actually in charge. Although not an aggressive breed, many Braccos will alert if there is a reason, and some will bark or growl if there's a good reason. The breed loves to hunt, and they excel at it - in fact, a non-hunting Bracco is not a happy Bracco, and will act out in various other ways. Hunting without a gun (as in NAVHDA - this group does not even allow a handler to carry a gun during trials) is an area in which the Bracco can excel and this can be a great opportunity for training the dog to connect with the owner. They are an active breed, but require more mental exercise than physical exercise to keep them happy. A Bracco owner can teach games like hide-and-seek (an object or person) which fits into the breed's original and current usage, and keeps them mentally active.
What to do if you lose your Bracco Italiano
If your Bracco Italiano Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Bracco Italiano
If you find a Bracco Italiano Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.