Do Briard Dogs Need To Be Groomed Regularly?
Owning a a Briard and need to know how often do a Briard Dog need to be groomed or should you bathe a Briard?
According to dog experts, Briard Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of dog breeds that require grooming regularly.
High Maintenance: Grooming should be performed often to keep the dog's coat in good shape. Professional groomers can be sought after for assistance. No trimming or stripping needed.
Why Brush or Groom Your Briard Dog?
Brushing also serves to help to distribute healthy natural skin oils over the hair shaft, ensuring a shiny coat and helping dust to slide off the hair. This can also help to reduce the need to bath and therefore minimize the frequency of bathing.
Brushing and grooming of your Briard dog are activities that help to strengthen the positive connection bond between your dog and you. Brushing should be a pleasurable and comfortable experience for your pet and you.
How Often to Groom Your Briard
Dogs with short coats frequently require less brushing and grooming contrasted to dogs with medium to long haired coats as these longer coats can get tangles, mats and debris trapped in them more easily.
Some very short-haired canines may not need standard 'brushing' and for these dogs, owners may instead like to try a soft grooming glove to carefully remove loose hair, occasionally.
Canines should be brushed 'as required'. Owners should monitor the condition of their dog's coat, searching for any tangles/mats or dullness which suggests they might need a brush. Grooming can take anything from a few minutes to several hours a week depending on your type of dog.
Devoted and faithful, the briard is a loving and protective companion. It is independent, intelligent and self-assured, but it is also willing to please and eager to serve as a partner in adventure. It is reserved with strangers. It can be aggressive with other dogs and may nip at people's heels when playing. It tends to stay at home and may attempt to keep the family's children home as well!
What to do if you lose your Briard
If your Briard Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Briard
If you find a Briard Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.