Briard Physical Appearance
Wanting to adopt a Briard Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Briard or what are the popular colours of a Briard?
Know more details about the colors, weight and height of Briard Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Briard, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Briard would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 24-27 inches (62-68 cm)
- Female: 22-25 inches (56-64 cm)
- 75 pounds (35 kg)
Size of Briard: The Briard Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Briard:
Weight of Briard:
The Common Colours of Briard Dogs
Devoted and faithful, the briard is a loving and protective companion. It is independent, intelligent and self-assured, but it is also willing to please and eager to serve as a partner in adventure. It is reserved with strangers. It can be aggressive with other dogs and may nip at people's heels when playing. It tends to stay at home and may attempt to keep the family's children home as well!
What to do if you lose your Briard
If your Briard Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Briard
If you find a Briard Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who can scan the animal’s microchip and locate the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.