Is Brittany Playful?
Thinking to adopt a Brittany and need to know whether Brittany is a playful breed and fun to be around?
According to pet experts, Brittany Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of the most playful dog breeds.
One of the things we appreciate about canines is their playfulness. But some breeds are generally more playful than others.
In the spirit of a good time, we scoured through our breed profiles to find the dog breeds that tend to be the most enjoyable loving. It's necessary to bear in mind that most of these breeds are not couch potatoes or shrinking violets and, in fact, normally need lots of physical and mental stimulation so they don't become bored.
You should bear in mind that all dogs are individuals - not all Labs are obsessed with playing fetch, and there are most likely even some Portuguese Water Dogs who don't like water.
Of course, with any of these breeds, a dog's health and age will influence his level of liveliness. Even with these breeds, you should have a vet examine your pet dog to make sure there are no underlying conditions before initiating any exuberant activities.
Top 5 Most Playful Dog Breeds
2. Labrador Retriever - Labs are playful and normally fun-loving demeanors are absolutely part of it.
3. Papillon - Pappillion's are small, spunky and smart, this breed needs to be entertained - or she'll find a way to entertain herself.
4. Bearded Collie - These dogs are known for his trademark greeting, and is usually an exuberant and boisterous breed who will entertain you with his clownish antics.
5. Beagle - This breed is led by his nose, and likes to have lots of opportunity to use his powerful sniffer. That can be as simple as your hiding treats around your house or taking him on long, meandering walks outdoors.
In temperament, the Brittany is friendly and eager to please. These friendly little dogs hunt more like a Setter due to their pointing ability, and are higher on their legs than other Spaniels. The Brittany does not require a heavy hand in training. In fact, they may quit if the discipline is too stern. Much more is accomplished with a gentle hand. They seek human attention, which makes them easier to train than some other hunting breeds. They make close working hunting dogs, fine companions, and family pets.
What to do if you lose your Brittany
If your Brittany Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the nearby vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Brittany
If you find a Brittany Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.