Are Bull Terriers Intelligent Dogs?
Considering to own a Bull Terrier and need and wondering whether Bull Terrier is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Bull Terrier Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Bull Terrier intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #66
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a smart dog is just potential without a human willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as clever as the average two-year-old, but there is a series of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many features. Some dog breeds are easier to train and listen well to demands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
If you want an intelligent buddy, get one of these breeds:
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's favourite dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is an intelligent, friendly and trainable buddy.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also honored, active dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and obey.
5. German shepherd is the second most popular dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and clever. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Bull Terrier Information
Exuberant, comical, playful, assertive and very mischievous describes the bull terrier. It is an imaginative breed that often sees things its own way and is stubborn to the end. It needs daily physical and mental exercise lest it exercise its powerful jaws on your home. For all its tough bravado, this is an extremely sweet-natured, affectionate and devoted breed. It can be aggressive with other dogs and small animals.
What to do if you lose your Bull Terrier
If your Bull Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Bull Terrier
If you find a Bull Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and phone the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.