Are Cairn Terriers Intelligent Dogs?
Wanting to get a Cairn Terrier and need and wondering whether Cairn Terrier is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Cairn Terrier Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Cairn Terrier intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: #35
Smartest Dog Breeds
Of course, a clever pet dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to channel the dog and train's knowledge. Dogs are about as clever as the normal two-year-old, but there is a range of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are easier to train and listen well to commands while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's most popular dog breeds. Originally bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, friendly and trainable comrade.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a loyal, courageous and smart dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will protect at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very intelligent, but they're also proud, energetic dogs, with the added benefit of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most popular dog breed because they're courageous, confident, and clever. They are exceptional all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Cairn Terrier Information
The cairn is the essence of terrier; plucky, spirited, bold, inquisitive, hardy, clever, stubborn and scrappy. It is responsive to its owner's wishes, however, and tries to please; in fact, it is surprisingly sensitive. This breed can be a good house pet as long as it is given daily physical and mental exercise in a safe area. It enjoys playing with children and is tough enough to withstand some roughhousing. It can be aggressive with other dogs and chases small animals; it loves to sniff, explore and hunt. It digs; some bark.
What to do if you lose your Cairn Terrier
If your Cairn Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Phone the nearby vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Cairn Terrier
If you find a Cairn Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.