Cairn Terrier Physical Appearance
Considering to adopt a Cairn Terrier Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Cairn Terrier or what are the popular colours of a Cairn Terrier?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Cairn Terrier Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Cairn Terrier, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Cairn Terrier would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 10-13 inches (25-33 cm)
- Female: 9-12 inches (23-30 cm)
- Male: 14-18 pounds (6-8 kg)
- Female: 13-17 pounds (6-8 kg)
Size of Cairn Terrier: The Cairn Terrier Dog is a small sized dog.
Height of Cairn Terrier:
Weight of Cairn Terrier:
The Popular Colours of Cairn Terrier Dogs
Cairn Terrier Information
The cairn is the essence of terrier; plucky, spirited, bold, inquisitive, hardy, clever, stubborn and scrappy. It is responsive to its owner's wishes, however, and tries to please; in fact, it is surprisingly sensitive. This breed can be a good house pet as long as it is given daily physical and mental exercise in a safe area. It enjoys playing with children and is tough enough to withstand some roughhousing. It can be aggressive with other dogs and chases small animals; it loves to sniff, explore and hunt. It digs; some bark.
What to do if you lose your Cairn Terrier
If your Cairn Terrier Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Cairn Terrier
If you find a Cairn Terrier Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your area.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who can scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.