Can Canaan Dogs Be Guard Dogs?
Considering to own a Canaan Dog puppy and need to know whether a Canaan Dog can be a good watch dog or if Canaan Dogs are protective of their owners?
According to pet trainers, Canaan Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the best guard dogs.
This dog is not recommended to be a watchdog.
Training a Canaan Dog To Be a Watch Dog
A watch dog simply alarms their owner to somebody approaching their home. Even if your pet dog isn't a police canine, most barking dogs will deter an intruder even if they aren't large. Most guard dogs also make great watch dogs, but not all watch dogs make good guard dogs.
Top 5 Best Guard Dogs
2. Cairn Terrier - Although little, the Cairn Terrier is intense. They are strong-willed, fiery little terriers that are really watchful of their settings and will notify their owners to any novel activity in no time. Because of this, they make outstanding watch dogs.
3. Rottweiler - The Rottweiler is a large German guard dog breed that is deeply loyal to its family but wary of strangers. However, they are not a great choice for rookie dog owners.
4. German Shepherd - They are superb guard dogs that will notify their owners of any strangers just a little too close to their homes.
5. Akita - They will quickly notify their owners to any uncommon activity. They are strong dogs that are not well-suited for the inexperienced owner, but are almost unparalleled in their loyalty to their owners.
Canaan Dog Information
Not only does the Canaan dog excel as a herder, but it has also proven itself in a variety of tasks involving dependability and obedience. This is an intelligent, devoted, docile dog that is quite tractable and willing to please. It is aloof toward strangers and protective of its family. The Canaan dog is generally good with other household pets and dogs, but it may be aggressive toward strange dogs. It is a natural guardian and tends to bark a lot.
What to do if you lose your Canaan Dog
If your Canaan Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Visit the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Telephone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Canaan Dog
If you find a Canaan Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.