Canaan Dog Physical Appearance
Considering to adopt a Canaan Dog and want to know what is the general appearance of Canaan Dog or what are the common colours of a Canaan Dog?
Learn more details about the colors, weight and height of Canaan Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Canaan Dog, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Canaan Dog would suit your lifestyle and household.
- 19-24 inches (48-61 cm)
- 35-55 pounds (16-25 kg)
Size of Canaan Dog: The Canaan Dog is a medium sized dog.
Height of Canaan Dog:
Weight of Canaan Dog:
The Popular Colours of Canaan Dogs
Canaan Dog Information
Not only does the Canaan dog excel as a herder, but it has also proven itself in a variety of tasks involving dependability and obedience. This is an intelligent, devoted, docile dog that is quite tractable and willing to please. It is aloof toward strangers and protective of its family. The Canaan dog is generally good with other household pets and dogs, but it may be aggressive toward strange dogs. It is a natural guardian and tends to bark a lot.
What to do if you lose your Canaan Dog
If your Canaan Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Call the local vet clinics to see if anyone has handed in your missing pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Canaan Dog
If you find a Canaan Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.