Are Cane Corsos Intelligent Dogs?
Looking to own a Cane Corso and need to know whether Cane Corso is an intelligent dog breed?
According to pet experts, Cane Corso Dogs score out of 5 in the scale of intelligent dog breeds.
Cane Corso intelligence ranking compared to other dogs: unknown
Smartest Dog Breeds
Obviously, a clever dog is just potential without a person willing to put in the time and effort to train and channel the dog's intelligence. Dogs are about as clever as the typical two-year-old, but there is a variety of intelligence across different breeds.|Cleverness in dog breeds can refer to many qualities. Some dog breeds are easier to train and listen well to orders while others make great working dogs who are able to herd livestock.
Here is a list of the 5 smartest dog breeds. Is your dog one of them?
1. Border Collie is just one of the world's smartest and most well-known dog breeds. Initially developed as a herding dog because of its intelligence and obedience, the Border Collie is a medium-sized dog known for its friendly temperament.
2. Golden Retriever is one of the world's favourite dog breeds. Initially bred as gun dogs, the Golden Retriever is a clever, trainable and friendly mate.
3. Rottweiler (a.k.a. "Rottie") is a faithful, smart and courageous dog breed who is known for its unwavering commitment to its owners, whom they will defend at all costs.
4. Poodles not only are very clever, but they're also honored, active dogs, with the added advantage of being hypoallergenic. Because of their high intelligence, poodles can be easily trained to track, hunt, retrieve, and follow.
5. German shepherd is the second most in demand dog breed because they're brave, confident, and intelligent. They are excellent all-purpose workers and are used in a number of specialized situations as police dogs or service dogs.
Cane Corso Information
Intelligent, the Cane Corso is easily trained. As a large and athletic breed, they need a lot of exercise. For this breed to be a well-balanced member of society, he needs extensive socialization and training from an early age. He does not do well crated all day and should have a fenced in yard for adequate exercise. They are affectionate to their owner and bond closely with children and family. The Corso requires substantial time invested and owners with an understanding of dog hierarchy.
What to do if you lose your Cane Corso
If your Cane Corso Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Telephone the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Contact the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Cane Corso
If you find a Cane Corso Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Call the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Pound near to your suburb.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.