Caravan Hound Physical Appearance
Looking to own a Caravan Hound Dog and wondering what is the general appearance of Caravan Hound or what are the popular colours of a Caravan Hound?
Know more about the colors, weight and height of Caravan Hound Dogs from this page.
Consider the personality traits and appearance of the Caravan Hound, as this breed is not for everyone. Use this information below to see if a Caravan Hound would suit your lifestyle and household.
- Male: 26-29 inches (66-74 cm)
- Female: 23-26 inches (55-66 cm)
- 49-62 pounds (22-28 kg)
Size of Caravan Hound: The Caravan Hound Dog is a large sized dog.
Height of Caravan Hound:
Weight of Caravan Hound:
The Popular Colours of Caravan Hound Dogs
Caravan Hound Information
The breed is above all a working hound, capable of providing an excellent performance in the field on a consistent basis, under gruelling conditions that would decimate most other dogs. They are elegant, graceful and courageous. Its physical strength couples with great speed and plenty of stamina to allow it to catch and kill several types of game, from hare to blackbuck, over rough country. It is not an ideal dog for the apartment dweller, as it needs a great deal of space and exercise; although if arrangements are made to exercise the dog regularly in a sufficiently large, safely fenced area, it may do well in a flat or any other dwelling. The breed, if treated with kindness and respect, can be exceptionally loyal. They are not very friendly, and do not like to be touched by strangers. However, a Caravan should never be aggressive, as this sort of temperament is not ideal for a hunting dog, which must tolerate other dogs and human beings, especially when they are not intruding on his territory. It makes a reasonable watch dog, and can protect that which he holds dear, should the need arise. He should always be treated in a kind, consistent, fair, and respectful manner, otherwise he may develop a nervous or vicious nature—either of which are difficult to live with.
What to do if you lose your Caravan Hound
If your Caravan Hound Dog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Contact the nearby vets to see if someone has brought in your lost pet.
4. Call the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Caravan Hound
If you find a Caravan Hound Dog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Council to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter near to your suburb.
5. Take the animal to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered pet owner.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.