Catahoula Bulldogs Health Problems
Thinking to adopt a Catahoula Bulldog and want to know what are the common diseases or health problems that Catahoula Bulldogs are prone to?
According to pet experts, Catahoula Bulldogs score out of 5 in the scale of breeds that are considered the most healthy dog breeds.
Are Catahoula Bulldogs hypoallergenic: No
Dog Breeds with The Least Health Issues
Trying to find a pet dog breed that won't break the bank with trips to the veterinarian? Take a look at our list below. But, keep in mind that your pet's health is ultimately up to you.
1. Australian cattle dog - This energetic breed of dog is well known for its intelligence, agility, and endurance. As a comparatively healthy breed, the Australian cattle dog does not have a background of serious illnesses and may live up to 13 years with proper training and appropriate preventative care.
2. Border Collie - Advances in DNA testing have made it much easier to control the relatively few minor genetic conditions known to affect border collies. As a high-energy dog with a life expectancy of up to 14 years, the Border collie is a great choice for active individuals and young families-- just be ready to provide her with lots of outdoor playtime and exercise.
3. German Pinscher - This agile and muscular dog is not often associated with critical health conditions, and may live up to 14 years with proper care and lots of exercise.
4. English Springer Spaniel - Though this mild, cordial breed of spaniel is sometimes known to experience minor eye problems, it is typically less likely to suffer from many major genetic diseases. A healthier English springer spaniel may live up to 14 years.
5. Chihuahua - With passion and attention, this pint-sized pooch species can live up to 18 years. The Chihuahua's petite size means it generally needs less physical exercise than other breeds of dogs.
Catahoula Bulldog Information
Though utilized as a hunting, working, and guard dog, Catahoula bulldogs are often companion animals. They are said to be loyal and devoted to their people and to have strong protective instincts; they are generally calm though also alert to their surroundings.
What to do if you lose your Catahoula Bulldog
If your Catahoula Bulldog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Register your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Lost Pets Facebook Groups Here.
3. Call the local vets to see if anyone has handed in your lost pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Shelters.
What to do if you find a lost Catahoula Bulldog
If you find a Catahoula Bulldog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. List the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Phone the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the pet to the local Animal Pound near to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet who usually scan the animal’s microchip and contact the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must call your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.