Catahoula Bulldog Lifespan
Owning a Catahoula Bulldog and want to know how long do Catahoula Bulldogs live for?
According to US breed survey, an average lifespan of Catahoula Bulldog is 10-14 years with some living 2 years more that what is expected.
If you own or thinking to have a Catahoula Bulldog, understanding the Catahoula Bulldog life span is important when looking after for these dogs.
"How long do Catahoula Bulldogs live" is one of the hardest question, many pet owners ask themselves.
We all know that these Catahoula Bulldogs cannot stay with us forever, so it is important that we understand the perils of old age and the average life expectancy of Catahoula Bulldog.
There are many factors that determine the lifespan of Catahoula Bulldog, including breed, size and the general health of your dog.
These factors can help answer the questions on most Catahoula Bulldog pet owner’s minds.
How Long Do Dog's Live For?
Lifespans for certain medium dog breeds: Australian Shepherd (12-15 years), Chinese Shar-Pei (12-14 years), Cocker Spaniel (13-15 years), Poodle (12-15 years), Whippet (12-15 years), Puli (10-15 years), Welsh Springer Spaniel (13-15 years), Bulldog (10-12 years), Boxer (10-12 years), Chow Chow (11-13 years), Curly-Coated Retriever (11-13 years) and French Bulldog (11-13 years).
Lifespans for certain large dog breeds: Great Dane (8-10 years), Bernese Mountain Dog (7-10 years), Irish Wolfhound (8-10 years), Newfoundland (10-12 years), Giant Schnauzer (10-12 years), Dogue de Bordeaux (9-11 years), Rottweiler (10-12 years), St. Bernard (10-12 years), Scottish Deerhound (10-12 years), Flat-Coated Retriever (10-12 years), Akita (11-15 years), Anatolian Shepherd (11-13 years), Irish Setter (12-14 years) and Belgian Malinois (14-16 years).
Catahoula Bulldog Information
Though utilized as a hunting, working, and guard dog, Catahoula bulldogs are often companion animals. They are said to be loyal and devoted to their people and to have strong protective instincts; they are generally calm though also alert to their surroundings.
What to do if you lose your Catahoula Bulldog
If your Catahoula Bulldog or any other pet has gone missing and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. List your missing pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Register the lost pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups Here.
3. Contact the local vet clinics to see if someone has brought in your missing pet.
4. Phone the RSPCA or Visit the RSPCA Lost Pets website and complete a Lost Pet Report.
5. Visit Lost Pets Pages of Animal Pounds.
What to do if you find a lost Catahoula Bulldog
If you find a Catahoula Bulldog or any other pet and it does not have an identification tag with a phone number, you can:
1. Report the found pet details at Pet Reunite website here.
2. Report the missing pet on the Local Facebook Lost Pets Groups.
3. Contact the Local Authority to collect the lost animal.
4. Take the animal to the local Animal Shelter assigned to your area.
5. Take the pet to the local Vet Clinic who normally scan the animal’s microchip and call the registered owner of the pet.
Laws Regarding Missing Pets
1. It is against the law to keep any animal that you find.
2. Pets are generally considered property and it is illegal to take and keep someone else’s property.
3. You must contact your local animal control unit and file a FOUND AN ANIMAL report for any dog or cat you find.
4. To reclaim your lost dog, cat or other pet from the animal shelter you must pay a release fee.
5. If your dog or cat is unregistered, you will have to register your pet before you can take it home.